Today I was looking around for some fun cupcake recipes and I found this one from the PBJ ON RYE Blog. I hope no one minds that I changed a few things, but it's a fun recipe to try!
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 1/2 tsp finely grated lime zest
1 cup vanilla soy milk
1/4 cup canola oil
2 Tbs tequila
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/3 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners
2. In a large bowl, beat together lime juice, zest, soy milk, canola oil, tequila, vanilla and sugar.
3. Sift in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until batter is smooth. Fill liners 3/4 of the way full and bake 20-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted through the center of one comes out clean.
4. Transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting (allowing the cupcakes to set for 1-2 hours helps the flavors develop fully).
1/4 cup margarine, softened
1 tablespoon soy milk or rice milk
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon tequila
Smidge of green gel food coloring
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted (for easy sifting just whisk in a bowl)
1. Cream margarine in a mixer until fluffy. Mix in soy milk, lime juice, tequila and food coloring if using.
2. Sift in 2 cups powdered sugar and blend until creamy and smooth, low speed on mixer for 7 minutes. If still too liquidy then add a little more powdered sugar until a somewhat thick and spreadable consistency is achieved. Refrigerate until ready to use.