Saturday, August 4, 2007

Lazy Meal: Easy Squash

I had all of this Squash from the garden and I didn't know what to do with it all.

Squash (as much or as little as you like)
Butter
Garlic
Tomatoes
Pasta
Salt & Pepper

So I cut them in half length wise, and scooped out their seeds with a spoon.

Then I smeared a little butter on them, also save a little butter in a microwave safe bowl.

I also salt and peppered them at this point. Then spread pretty evenly about 2 Tbs of minced garlic. I'm a garlic freak, so use a little less if you want.

I put these in the oven for 30 min on 350° F.

I cut up some tomatoes and salt & peppered them, and added them to the pan of roasting squash in the oven. Also melt that extra butter in the microwave for a few seconds and pour it over the squash.

Still on 350°F, I let this cook for another 15 minutes. While I boiled water and cooked some pasta.

Let the squash and tomatoes rest for a few minutes. Then dig the squash flesh out of the skin and serve with the tomatoes over the pasta.

It's an easy and light pasta dish perfect for these really hot days of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment