Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Measuring Equivalents

My friends and I always needed these for recipes, and could never find proper ones. So we worked them all out and I suggest you copy and print them onto an index card. You just never know when you might need them!

1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons
1/8 cup = 2 tablespoons
1/4 cup = 4 tablespoons
1/3 cup = 5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon
1/2 cup = 8 tablespoons
2/3 cup = 10 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons
3/4 cup = 12 tablespoons
1 cup = 48 teaspoons
1 cup = 16 tablespoons
8 fluid ounces = 1 cup
1 pint = 2 cups
1 quart = 2 pints
4 cups = 1 quart
1 gallon = 4 quarts
16 ounces = 1 pound

Here are a few I have come across in baking:

24oz of eggs = about 12 eggs

I'll add to these when I find more!


Now some of these are common sense, but sometimes in the middle of baking or cooking fury they slip our minds!

2 comments:

  1. I'm always getting teaspoons and tablespoons mixed up. I really shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a kitchen =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an easy fix though. Just think about what they are called. A tablespoon(Tbs), or a table is bigger than a teaspoon(tsp), or a tea cup.

    ReplyDelete